Join the first Copernicus open data hackathon in Austria!
Copernicus is a European system for monitoring the Earth.
During the hackathon, we will work with open data from two satellites: Sentinel 1 and Sentinel 2.
These satellites provide data for:
– land changes (it can map different classes of cover such as forest, crops, grassland, water surfaces and artificial covers like roads and buildings;
– water health and pollution;
– agricultural practices, to estimate crop acreage, to provide soil moisture information and to forecast yield;
– distinguishing between different crop types as well as data on numerous plant indices, such as leaf area index, leaf chlorophyll content and leaf water content;
– disaster mapping.
In other words, join us for an exciting experience developing solutions for global problems such as climate change, health challenges and food problems!
-1500 € in cash for the winning team
– featuring on www.23degree.org
– access to virtual machines and computing environment from EODC
– a spot in INITS startupcamp
More information on data, rules etc: http://copernicus.devpost.com/
Food and drinks are provided. Register for free on Eventbrite now!
The majority of the events listed on our site are community-generated. We invite you to add relevant events, whether ones you or your company hosts, or ones you simply wish to expose to our community. Publishing is quick and free!
Join our newsletter and be the first to know of any new events taking place in your area. We will never spam or bother you, and 1-click opting-out takes 5 seconds!